To become a cab driver in Chicago it’s mandatory to get public chauffeur license from Chicago Business Affairs and Consumer Protection Department. If you drive taxicabs, livery vehicles or any other public transport without the proper driving license you may lead to serious consequence such as violation of law. iBuggie.com shares useful information and links that will take you to the right track to get proper cab driving license or you may get all the important detail at City of Chicago help desk. It’s not difficult to become a cab driver in the city of Chicago. Following are the preliminary requirements that are needed to operate Chicago public transports:
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years old
- You are required to get training from Training Institute of Public Chauffeur
- You should meet the course completion criteria
- You are required to pass the written test, a physical test and a criminal record check
- Go through to the Public Chauffeurs License Application Checklist; here you will find all the requirements and steps that must needed to get Public Chauffeur License
Where to Apply for Cab Driver License in Chicago? Following we have listed the application documents and necessary information that will help you to get to become a cab driver in Chicago. Just download the required application documents listed below and submit them in person at the following address: Public Vehicle Operations Facility Public Chauffeur Licensing Section Public Vehicle/Medallion Licensing Section City of Chicago Cashiering Station 2350 W. Ogden Ave., First Floor, Chicago, IL Important Guidelines for application and documents submission at Chicago Pubic Vehicle Operation Facility To avoid delay in processing your application please use the following guidelines
- New chauffeur license application must be submitted at the help desk prior to 11:30 a.m.
- Chauffeur licensee who don’t have scheduled appointment should check in at the help desk prior to 2:00 p.m.
- Medallion / Public Vehicle licensee without appointment mush report to the help desk prior to 3:00 p.m.
- For those who have an appointment may walk in any time prior to appointment.
- For public safety you may found front door locked only if, facility is full by people according to allowable building capacity.
Links to Download Application and forms Following are quick links; from where you can download Application for new cab driver, renewal chauffeur license application and access to other important information: New Chauffeur License Application Renewal Chauffeur License Application Training Institute Information Rules and Regulations for Public Chauffeur For more information about how to become a cab driver in Chicago you can call iBuggie.com or simply visit Chicago Public Vehicle Operation Facility.